NFA Gun Trusts
The NFA (National Firearms Act) Gun Trust is a Revocable Firearms Trust that enables you to purchase Title II/Class 3 items legally.
NFA Trusts Pros Standard Process Cons • No local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) signature
• No Fingerprints
• No Photographs
• Can have MultipleTrustees/Beneficiaries
• Typical turn-around time from purchase of Title II/Class 3 item to pickup is less than 90 days
• Protects your firearms assets even after death • Must have CLEO sign off on paper work which can be an arbitrary decision.
• CLEO signature alone is several weeks
• ATF turn-around time is 90 days or more
• Only you can handle/own that Title II/Class 3 item
• Questionable as to whether Title II/Class 3 items are inheritable or if possession of them is a 3rd degree felony after your death.